Wednesday, July 3, 2013

False Reflections

I had an image come to mind recently. The scene was something that I've possibly seen similar/same somewhere before. It's of a beautiful princess looking into a lake and being taken aback by what she sees, as her reflection shows an ugly, evil witch. She gasps at the horrific sight of what appears to be herself.

The reflection the princess saw was not truth, but the evil witch wanted her to believe it was.

In my mind, the scenario was a way of describing an aspect of OCD.

My OCD thoughts do not reflect truth, either. And, yet, their "appearance" can be deceiving. They leave me questioning my character and who I am as a person.

Satan wants me to see my OCD thoughts as a reflection of who I am.

But, I am not a reflection of my OCD thoughts.

Those thoughts are very different from who I am, just as the reflection of the princess was very different from who she was.

False reflections.


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I work in the health field. I am not an expert in anything faith-related, nor do I work in a faith-related area. The things I write are things I've learned and/or things I believe. I learned them from sermons, Bible teacher(s), Bible study, life, and/or etc. I take things I've learned and see how I believe they could be applied to OCD based on my experiences, etc. with OCD. I am not saying to use any of the things on this blog as treatment. Maybe you'll find some things in my blog posts to help you on top of whatever treatment method(s) you have chosen/choose to use or not use for your OCD, but you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for any of your choices, actions, decisions. I am not responsible for any of your results, nor your lack of results. I have read something similar or the same as this in the past from a Bible teacher: If anything I ever write doesn't line up with God's Word, please throw it out.

NEXT POST:
OCD: A Line

OTHER POSTS:
List of Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment