Tuesday, April 16, 2013

God Allows

Even though satan attacks us (in various ways), God allows those things to happen.

"Yes, satan has been "prince of this world," but only by divine permissive will..." - Beth Moore

"But why does God allow them at all? Since God's ways are so much higher than ours and His thoughts so far beyond us, we won't wholly be able to answer this question. God has ordained that a certain amount of mystery shroud the full understanding of His sovereignty." - Beth Moore

"... to accomplish God's own purposes." - Beth Moore


For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55:9

"Do you think enemies' attacks bypass God's Sovereignty ... ...? Even when people do evil things ... ... God would never find any pleasure in... God, who sees the end from the beginning, saw that ... ... and applied His purpose to it ... ..." - John North

Trust God's sovereignty.

"To get through difficult times that seem to defy explanation, we are helped greatly when we choose to trust God's sovereignty. Trusting God's sovereignty means trusting that if He has allowed something difficult and shocking to happen to one of His children, He plans to use it mightily... ..." - Beth Moore

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; - Proverbs 3:5

I have learned in study, etc. some possible reasons God allows things to happen:
1) To test our faith
2) To refine us / purify us / make us Christ-like
3) To bring us closer to Him
4) To help lead others to Christ
5) To Glorify Him
6) Other reason(s)

As I said in a previous post: Our sufferings are never for naught.


"Jesus really will use every ounce of what you're going through" - Beth Moore

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I work in the health field. I am not an expert in anything faith-related, nor do I work in a faith-related area. The things I write are things I've learned and/or things I believe. I learned them from sermons, Bible teacher(s), Bible study, life, and/or etc. I take things I've learned and see how I believe they could be applied to OCD based on my experiences, etc. with OCD. I am not saying to use any of the things on this blog as treatment. Maybe you'll find some things in my blog posts to help you on top of whatever treatment method(s) you have chosen/choose to use or not use for your OCD, but you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for any of your choices, actions, decisions. I am not responsible for any of your results, nor your lack of results. I have read something similar or the same as this in the past from a Bible teacher: If anything I ever write doesn't line up with God's Word, please throw it out.

NEXT POST:
OCD: Effect on Others

OTHER POSTS:
List of Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment