Friday, April 12, 2013

Faith Amidst OCD

I'm typing this post when I'd much rather be sleeping. I was awakened and I'm not sure why, but here I am... writing this post.

Even though OCD affects my life to the point of being disabling at times, I have experienced joy that can only come from God. I've been very happy in my life, but I've learned in study that joy is different from happiness. I've experienced the difference.

I never experienced that before I started really seeking God. I grew up going to church and Sunday School, and I was involved in church youth groups. However, I didn't start really seeking God until I was in my early 30's. In the past, I didn't understand how people could have a passion for their faith. Now, there isn't much of my daily life (if any) that isn't faith-focused. I'm 35 and my life has changed dramatically over the past couple of years because of my faith. Because of God.


Is my life perfect? No. Far from it.
Do I have struggles? Yes. Many.

But, whether for OCD, other life circumstances, or whatever else, I am thankful for faith!

I have experienced God's presence in the middle of difficult circumstances. One word: JOY.


... in Your presence is fullness of joy. - Psalm 16:11b

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:13

It's true. Seek Him. Find Him.

God takes darkness and turns it into light.


my God turns my darkness into light. - Psalm 18:28b

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” - John 8:12


The photo below is literally one of my favorite photos. I don't know the exact origin. A possible origin for the photo was from a website in a different language, so I'm not sure if it's really the origin or not. I came across this pic online when searching for the following Bible verse:

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. - Psalm 119:105

To me, the photo has so much meaning. A few things it shows me:

Light amidst darkness
Vulnerability
Strength
Courage
Life
Faith
Beauty
Freedom
Dependence on God
Dependence on His Word


Seek Him!
Cari


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I work in the health field. I am not an expert in anything faith-related, nor do I work in a faith-related area. The things I write are things I've learned and/or things I believe. I learned them from sermons, Bible teacher(s), Bible study, life, and/or etc. I take things I've learned and see how I believe they could be applied to OCD based on my experiences, etc. with OCD. I am not saying to use any of the things on this blog as treatment. Maybe you'll find some things in my blog posts to help you on top of whatever treatment method(s) you have chosen/choose to use or not use for your OCD, but you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for any of your choices, actions, decisions. I am not responsible for any of your results, nor your lack of results. I have read something similar or the same as this in the past from a Bible teacher: If anything I ever write doesn't line up with God's Word, please throw it out.

NEXT POST:
God Equips. Endure. Persevere.

OTHER POSTS:
List of Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment