Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Truth

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' - Matthew 22:37-39 (NIV)

"Love God and love people." - Pastor Pete Wilson

On Joyce Meyer's website, it reads:
1. LOVING GOD
2. LOVING YOURSELF
3. LOVING OTHERS

"Love the Lord your God... ... Love your neighbor as yourself."

"... loving oneself is one-third of God's equation." (from a Joyce Meyer book description)

In other words, we (ourselves) are one of those "people" we are to love.

We talk about ministering to others and that is very important. I also believe we should minister to ourselves.

When I searched the words "minister definition" on the internet, one definition that came up read:
"Attend to the needs of."

One way to do that is with truth. Truth not only helps us, it is a necessity in life. Many of us lack it in multiple areas of our lives.

Satan's lies have caused disabling levels of self-doubt in my life. God and believing truth over the enemy's lies has helped me with my self-doubt. I still have a long way to go, but I realize the importance of truth in the struggle.

"We're going to have to let truth scream louder to our souls than the lies that have infected us." - Beth Moore

Minister to yourself with truth.

God's truth.

Pour it into your life.

Some ideas:
- Listen to online sermons
- Go to church
- Be in God's Word daily
- Be involved in Bible studies
- Listen to Christian music
- Have faith-filled words be present throughout your day
- Write scripture and post it in areas you see daily and/or write scripture on notecards that pertain to difficult things you're going through and/or areas you struggle in (I've heard those ideas elsewhere.)
- Fellowship with other Christians
- Etc.

Truth: Hear it. See it. Know it. Believe it.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I work in the health field. I am not an expert in anything faith-related, nor do I work in a faith-related area. The things I write are things I've learned and/or things I believe. I learned them from sermons, Bible teacher(s), Bible study, life, and/or etc. I take things I've learned and see how I believe they could be applied to OCD based on my experiences, etc. with OCD. I am not saying to use any of the things on this blog as treatment. Maybe you'll find some things in my blog posts to help you on top of whatever treatment method(s) you have chosen/choose to use or not use for your OCD, but you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for any of your choices, actions, decisions. I am not responsible for any of your results, nor your lack of results. I have read something similar or the same as this in the past from a Bible teacher: If anything I ever write doesn't line up with God's Word, please throw it out.

NEXT POST:
Temptations (Part 1)

OTHER POSTS:
List of Posts

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree...we must minister to ourselves and by doing that then we allow God into every part of our lives. Good Post!!

    ReplyDelete