Monday, May 6, 2013

Faith and OCD in Common

Not long after I started this blog about faith and OCD, a lady came across my blog and commented on it. She and I began emailing a little back and forth. It's cool to meet someone who relates to me OCD-wise and faith-wise.

There are three churches that I download podcast sermons from on a pretty regular basis. One of those is Lifechurch. It's a well-known church, but I'm sure there are many Christians who haven't heard of it.

Anyway, sometime in the past couple of days, I found out that the husband of the lady I mentioned above is a pastor of a network church for Lifechurch.

So... she and I have OCD and faith in common.

But... it's even more detailed than that.

We both struggle with a specific aspect of OCD - intrusive thoughts.
And... Lifechurch is a part of both of our lives in some way or another.

The way God works is awesome.


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I work in the health field. I am not an expert in anything faith-related, nor do I work in a faith-related area. The things I write are things I've learned and/or things I believe. I learned them from sermons, Bible teacher(s), Bible study, life, and/or etc. I take things I've learned and see how I believe they could be applied to OCD based on my experiences, etc. with OCD. I am not saying to use any of the things on this blog as treatment. Maybe you'll find some things in my blog posts to help you on top of whatever treatment method(s) you have chosen/choose to use or not use for your OCD, but you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for any of your choices, actions, decisions. I am not responsible for any of your results, nor your lack of results. I have read something similar or the same as this in the past from a Bible teacher: If anything I ever write doesn't line up with God's Word, please throw it out.

NEXT POST:
OCD: Writing Numbers and Letters

OTHER POSTS:
List of Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment