Sunday, April 28, 2013

Above and Beyond

Have you ever had professionals go above and beyond for you? I've experienced it many times.

A doctor, who I've been to multiple times, knows I have anxiety around people (at times I do - depending on the circumstances). One time, he offered to have someone come into the exam room to draw blood, rather than me having to sit in the busy lab area.

Another time, that same doctor offered for me to go out the back door of the clinic so I wouldn't have to go through the main lobby. It was so thoughtful of him to offer me an alternative.

One time, I had a front desk lady say she would stand guard (not sure if those were the exact words used, but you get my point) outside of a public restroom so other people wouldn't go in there while myself and the person I was with were in there.

At a breast place, where I've had mammograms, ultrasounds, and biopsies, the people have allowed my ex-boyfriend (who is one of my best friends) to stay with me the entire time. One time, I was even in an area where men weren't allowed.

My boyfriend-at-the-time (same guy as above) was able to go in with me while I had a treadmill test and an ultrasound test on my heart when the rules stated otherwise.

There are reasons for rules and I understand that. But, I also know that, within rules, there is a place for understanding. I have experienced that understanding many times and it means a lot to me.

Side note: I'm not saying we should enable OCD. Part of what I'm saying is people care - even people who don't know us.


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I work in the health field. I am not an expert in anything faith-related, nor do I work in a faith-related area. The things I write are things I've learned and/or things I believe. I learned them from sermons, Bible teacher(s), Bible study, life, and/or etc. I take things I've learned and see how I believe they could be applied to OCD based on my experiences, etc. with OCD. I am not saying to use any of the things on this blog as treatment. Maybe you'll find some things in my blog posts to help you on top of whatever treatment method(s) you have chosen/choose to use or not use for your OCD, but you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for any of your choices, actions, decisions. I am not responsible for any of your results, nor your lack of results. I have read something similar or the same as this in the past from a Bible teacher: If anything I ever write doesn't line up with God's Word, please throw it out.

NEXT POST:
OCD: (False) Guilt

OTHER POSTS:
List of Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment